Your symptoms are suggestive of;
1) Eustachian tube dysfunction.
Dysfunction of the Eustachian tube can occur due to swelling of the mucosa (internal lining in the nasopharynx (back portion of the nose) or in the Eustachian tube, which in turn may occur because of
1) infection or
This swelling can impede the Eustachian tube function. Following medications are used:
1) Decongestants; Sudafed (over the counter)
2) Antihistamines; Chlorpheniramine (Singlet) has best result and available without prescription
3) Steroids; prescription drugs
4) Analgesics; Motrin, Advil, Aleve
Valsalva maneuver (positive pressure against a closed nasal airway) usually equilibrates pressure in the middle ear to the outside and can be helpful if done 5-7 times in a day.
All the above combination may be able to give you certain relief.
The icy spot feeling and frequent headaches can be due to sinusitis.
Following would be the treatment protocol for sinus infection;
1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.