Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Rick I spoke with you about the leads in my pacemaker and

Customer Question

Hello Dr.Rick I spoke with you about the leads in my pacemaker and about the mascetomy they are going to do. I developed a problem today ,the reason whyb my surgery was post poned was my blood sugar count was to high,they started me on insulin. I checked my blood count and it registered to high to give a number any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to eat healthier meals, less carbohydrates, more fruits and vegetables and some lean protein

and continue to take your insulin which will bring down your blood glucose levels.

it could take some time to find the right dose of insulin for you.

but your doctors will get your blood sugar back down

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understand about the diet vegs and all that , I have been threw the ringer since April I was suppose to have surgery to remove pacemaker to the other side, I was on my way was in post op then this came about' so of course I am more aware of the sitution meaing my blood work. I am set up to have surgery on tuesday morning but that won"t be happening if I don't get this down.! Any suggestions

your surgery may have to be postponed one week or so,

until your doctors find the right dose of insulin for you

your doctors have to keep testing your sugars and increasing the dose of insulin until you glucose levels start to come down