Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I hope this picture is more noticeable ...

Customer Question

Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 22 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Can you tell me a little bit about what has been going on?

Do these lesions itch? Hurt?

Are they anywhere else?

How long have they been present?

Any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
That was the conversation i had with a differennt OBGYN ... i had papsmare done about 6months ago, it came out adnormal, I went ag***** *****ke a month weeks ago and I got another papsmare done, but having that pap I noticed small bumps on the side of the vagina, it's not noticeable... 2 weeks ago I got my results and my pap came out normal... if I hadgenital warts the papsmare would come out adnormal agian ?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: 3months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Bacterial vaginosis using some gel ....And no they do not hurt , it only hurts when I like try to pop them ... they have been presents over 2 months , I hope the picture I sent you is clear, another gyn told me they look like sweat gland infection
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I witnessed lumps in different places on my vagina. They are tender, and only sore when i touch them . And sometimes it itches near where i urinate, and it looks like a pimple,
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 21 days ago.

Those do not look like genital warts but, even if they were, a pap smear would not pick this up.

Those appear to be areas of sebaceous retention cysts.

They are not from an infection or a STD.

In many cases they go away on their own, sometimes hot compresses or sitting in a hot bath can help. In rare cases they need to be removed by your doctor.

So. What is the take home message?

These are nothing to worry about and a quick exam by your OB/GYN should be able to tell you with certainty what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS