Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I am taking Butalb-acetamin-caff for headaches. Can I take

Customer Question

I am taking Butalb-acetamin-caff for headaches. Can I take Terazepam to sleep?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: daily CONSTANT HEADACHES FOR MONTHS ON 1 SIDE NO RELEIF. nO NAUSEA
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: aT ONE TIME I HAD HEADACHE FOR A LENGTH OF TIME AND IT WAS A NEURALGIA I DO HAVE ARTHRITIS IN MY NECK.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually there is a significant interaction between two of the components of butalb-caff-APAP and temazepam. Caffeine and temazapam will interact with each other and act in opposite manners, meaning caff will decrease sedation while temazepam will increase sedation. Now the more concerning interaction is between butalb and temazepam which is that both of them increase sedation significantly and taking them together can cause increased drowsiness and may cause unconsciousness. Now it is recommend that you be monitored closely while taking these two drugs together but they can be taken together PROVIDED there is a time difference of atleast 8 to 12 hours between the two. Meaning you can use the butalb-caff-APAP in the morning and temazepam in the evening. if there is a time difference then you can use this safely.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/