How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I an 73 yrs old and care giver for my 75 yr old husband. My

Customer Question

I an 73 yrs old and care giver for my 75 yr old husband. My heath is not good & the the job is getting over powering on me& I am so tired &don't know what to do.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I have & I was told a ,few years that I had MDS. I ambeing treated by a cancer Dr. along with my primery phy. About 5 months ago, I blacked out & broke 3 bones in my pelvis. after a month in the hosp. & a lot of pt, I am about 99%. I have lost a lot of weight & they told me that I lost 15# ***** 15 days. I started out at 112 & now I am at 9# I am 4!11 and cannot eat much. I really help in coping with this. I have all the jobs of every thing.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have a history of sinutis (sp) and have about 25 surgers (sp) for tha condition. I am still under Dr, care & receive
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time caring for your husband.

you should call and talk to a social worker at the hospital

to get some visiting nursing help at home

or another option is to find a nursing home that both of you can check into

where you can help help to care for your husband in a nursing home.