Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What to do with herpees, went an got checked for everything

Customer Question

what to do with herpees
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: went an got checked for everything an came out negative. then i asked does that include herpees, and they where like no.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there something i can take or do
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will be assisting you today.

Are you having any worrisome symptoms? If so, what symptoms are you having?

Or was this a general screening?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
general screening i have a flaking of the skin an it comes off but flakes the next day an it iches an some red ness
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello

I am typing an answer, but it will take some time.

When testing is done as general screening, the current recommendations of the US Preventive Services Task Force is that testing for herpes is not recommended as a screening test. Certainly, if someone has symptoms that are worrisome, then testing would be appropriate. But in the absence of symptoms, it is recommended that tests for herpes not be done.

There are some doctors that will still include the herpes test in general screening, but the doctor or clinic that has done your testing is obviously following the national recommendations.

Intermittent flaking of the skin is not worrisome for herpes. So, that is why the doctor did not test for herpes. In this situation there is also nothing to take or do for herpes, unless you develop symptoms in the future.

Is there any other information that would be helpful?

I have not heard back whether any further information would be helpful, so I will interpret that there are no further questions and will close out the thread. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.