Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a problem that is affecting my lifestyle mostly

Customer Question

Hello i have a problem that is affecting my lifestyle mostly everytime my anus is wet i can go to the bathroom and dry it and in a few min will feel how is getting wet again plus i have a fecal oddor,i have a very careful with my hygine i showered two or three times a day and i'll keep it clean that specific area and still have that fetid oddor i am depressed and i need help plz
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 28 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How much moisture are you getting on the tissue when you dry your anus?

Are your undies getting soiled?

Is there any fecal matter present when you get these sensations?

Do you have diarrhea?

How long has this been going on?

Do others mention the fecal odor to you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I am 5"8 175 lbs,no my underware do not get soiled in fact this is embarrasing but i do it i smell my underware after used them and it has not smell,no fecal present,no diarreha,yeah ppl at work mention that i smell like pop,and i notice this problem has been with me like 3 yrs o so and i use wipes after i go to the restroom like i said i shower 2 0 3 times a day i am very careful my my hygine,and i noticed that stress and anxiety get worse to the wet anus
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have moisture on the tissue and my underware wet damp

It sounds like the people at work are the ones with the problem and not you.

And this is causing you a lot of anxiety.

So. What should you do?

1. The issue is not that you have poor or abnormal rectal hygene but rather that you are being made to feel like you do.

2. You should talk to a psychologist (PhD) and get some talk therapy along with other training like CBT.

3. You might also benefit from some help from medications that a psychiatrist can get for you.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I've been doing a lot of research and i tought i could of have a disorder like irritable bowel sindrome or internal hemorrides or a fisure that cause the oddor and the sweating in the anus area
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Cause even when my anus not sweating ppl can smell the oddor,i was in church last sunday and the lady whi was sitting right besides me she couldn't stop to sctratching her nose and looked at me like i have a problem and finally she left before service ends,i was at the store the other day my anus was dry there was no stress or axious situation and the lady behind me start making comments about bad oddor and how ppl have to take better care of hygine and etc

You don't have any of those physical issues....

You have an issue that is psychological in nature with overlying anxiety.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS