Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been experiencing a coating inside my mouth. It's

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I be of assistance?
Customer: I have been experiencing a coating inside my mouth. It's there on my teeth and the upper part of mouth. I'm also experiencing rapid tooth decay
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: No I have difficulty eating spicy food
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: My stomach is very sensitive to a lot of foods. And I have lumps on my torso. I was diagnosed as having high acidity a few years ago, and I was on medication for a few months. These lumps have been around for about 4-5 years too.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old are you?

M/F?
Is your mouth dry?

How do you brush your teeth and how many times per day?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rick,I'm 32. I can't really say whether my mouth feels dry. It seems to be coated. I brush twice a day.
I cannot tolerate spicy food and am sensitive to a lot of foods. I took medication for acidity for about a year almost three years ago. Now, I take homeopathic medicines for the same issue.Thank you

Thank you for that additional information.

Your oral hygiene program seems good.

At this point I believe you need to do a couple of things:

1. See a DDS and have her give your mouth a through going over, check out this coating you are experiencing and see if there is any local therapy she would recommend.

2. If the DDS doesn't have any suggestions then it is time to see an MD and look for systemic issues that can cause oral issues and to make sure there are no metabolic problems or disease entities lurking about.

3. I am not sure that homeopathic remedies are going to help much if they haven't already done so....

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS