Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Sticky cold like substance that burns my tongue as I out

Customer Question

white sticky cold like substance that burns my tongue as I spit out this as been going on for 4 years now
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: 3 years ago this drains from head on to my stomach and I ended up with h- pyroli .years ago it first started with the feelings of something terrible taking over the inside of my body seem like something foreign all over inside that shouldn't be there since then I haven't been healthy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: since then I have continously reflux problem and continously candidate infection tong always white and burns this as been going on for years I don't tell anyone
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should be telling your doctor

you need to get your acid reflux symptoms into better control

stomach acid is very strong and stomach acid coming up to your throat and mouth can cause burning, sore throat, bad breath, white tongue, sore tongue,

if you have runny nose, allergies, post nasal drip, this can also cause mucus in your mouth as well

you may need to change your diet and use stomach acid reducers to help decrease stomach acid.

how old are you?

do you drink alcohol? this can worsen acid reflux.

you may need testing again for H Pylori to see if this is back and causing excessive stomach acid.