Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Can I use viagra if I am starting a course of

Customer Question

can I use viagra if I am starting a course of clarithromycin?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? Are you taking any medications the doctor should know about?
Customer: I have been prescribed clarithromycin.my doc does not know about the viagra..bought online
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 23 days ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually you should NOT use viagra with clarithromycin, there is a serious interaction between the two. Clarithromycin will increase the levels of viagra in your system and its effects would be potentiated and that can lead to serious side effects due to the viagra. So my suggestion would be to NOT use viagra atleast until you are on clarithromycin. Once you have finished your course of clarithromycin, you can safely use viagra. It would be best if you start with the viagra atleast 3-4 days after finishing the course of the antibiotics as that will allow the antibiotic to leave your system completely and prevent any serious interactions from occurring.

So in short, DO NOT use viagra while you are on clarithromycin, you can start viagra 3 days after finishing the course of antibiotics.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/