Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Why do I suffer from continious congestion, He has given me

Customer Question

why do I suffer from continious congestion
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He has given me several cold and congestion tablets to take I can;t recall the name of them at this time. But I have been suffering with thia for about a year
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No. No fever. I have had surgery. Removal of disc 3 and 4 in my spine. I am also a smoker of approximately 20 years. I do occasionally have a pain in the front of my neck area. Mainly on the right side of my throat
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 52 years of age. approximately 182 lbs 5'7 In pretty good shape. I work multiple jobs as police officer and deputy sheriff. Also run a lan care service and drive a tractor. Also operate a bulldozer. Wife stresses me out very often along with dealing with public as an officer. Drink alcohol on occasion
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 23 days ago.

Hello!

You mean nasal congestion? You may benefit to try behind the counter product antihistamine / decongestant such as Allegra D ( reduces allergy response and reduces nasal passage congestion )

Other option Mucinex D ( thins mucus and decongests nasal passages ) If you could quit smoking that would probably help you in the long run ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray