Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I need a Dr. to treat the Herpes outbreak, can I come to

Customer Question

I need a Dr. to treat the Herpes outbreak, can I come to you?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes It is call Acyclovir, I run out of prescrition,
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: only Asprin.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Everything is find.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Can you tell me who is the friendly Dr. in Columbus, OH to treat herpes outbreak, I am living in northside of Springfield, OH, a small town call Urbana.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
What Is the doctor's specialty belong to like herpes outbreak? Internal Madcine or Infectious Desiease?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 30 days ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will try to assist you today.

We do not offer any treatment through this site.

We can only provide information.

I do not know specific doctors in Columbus, but I would be glad to discuss the specialty that would be appropriate. Would that be helpful?

If that discussion would be helpful, what type of herpes is this?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
HSV1 &HSV2

There are a couple of options for management of herpes when someone is infected with both HSV1 and HSV2. The most common doctor that is seen for these problems are primary care physicians, so can be Internal Medicine or Family Practice. In women, genital herpes is also commonly managed by an OBGyn. A male with genital herpes can sometimes be managed by a Urologist, although it is usually not done.

Someone with herpes typically does not need to be seen by an Infectious Disease specialist.

If you have already run out of medicines and do not have a primary care physician, it may take some time to get an appointment, so it would be reasonable to be seen in an Urgent Care Center or Walk-In Clinic until you can get established with a primary care physician.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
very good, now I know who is the specialist I shall go to. I was trying to go to internal madicine or infectious disease. Now I shall go to Uroogiust or Family practice doctor..

An Internal Medicine doctor would be fine. As I said above, a primary care physician can be an Internal Medicine doctor or Family Practice.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
OK, I always think HSV1&2 shall be take care by specialist because my HSV was discover by my Urologist who gave me the circumcision, he did the job that Family Doctor who did not find, that is why I though Specialist is more knowledable.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks for your help.

There are a small percentage that have an unusual presentation that may need a specialist to make a diagnosis, but once the diagnosis is made, ongoing care with acyclovir (or similar medicines) is more straightforward.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Dr. Love, Please help me how to read the report of blood work, In blood report, there is a CBC report, one of the item is MCH 31.2 the reference range is 27-31PG, what is that stands for?

It represents the average amount of hemoglobin in each red blood cell. A value of 31.2 compared to the upper limit of 31 is still normal. The "normal range" is defined to include 95% of the normal population, but that also means that 5% of normal people will have a result that is slightly outside the "normal range," but they are still normal.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Also, in the Metabolic Panel, there is a item Glucose, Fasting 217, the reference range is 70-99 MG/DL is that mean my sugar is too high? have risk to become diabites.

Yes, this is very elevated, and at a level indicative of diabetes. It would be appropriate to next get a HgbA1c, which is a reflection of the average blood sugar over the last few months. This issue would clearly be better to be managed by your primary care physician, rather than a Urologist.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I work in restaurant kitchen standing on floor 8-10 hour at least every day, sleeping in night time two legs got leg cramp, why is this way
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 29 days ago.

There are many possible reasons for leg cramps, but one of the reasons is from diabetes. There is no test to prove that the diabetes is causing the cramping. If the HgbA1c is also elevated and the diabetes is gotten under control, and then the cramps improve, that would indicate that the cramping was due to the diabetes.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I can also feel my cramping reduce while I am taking Acyclovir control the outbreak too.

Leg cramping typically would not be associated with an HSV infection, so this is more likely a coincidence.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I see, In the future, if I am sure with diabetes, then the control of HSV1&2 outbreak both of prescritions would be conflix each other.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It is difficult for me to choice whom shall I go to , now after your explain I know who shall I go to.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you very much.

There is no conflict between medicines for diabetes and herpes.