Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My girlfriend is an ex methamphetamine user for about 8-10

Customer Question

My girlfriend is an ex methamphetamine user for about 8-10 years. She ended up using it IV as well near the end of her abuse. Luckily, she has been clean now about 3 years and look and is doing amazing. Like it never happened. All except one thing, she cannot have an orgasm anymore and blames her meth abuse. Says she has no libido and sex is basically last on her list of importance. She is only 30, and this just seems bizarre to me. My question is, does meth abuse really ruin sexual enjoyability and orgasm after getting clean?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 27 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

It can...but there are many, many other possible causes for her sexual difficulty.

I would recommend that she (and you) meet with a sex therapist and see what can be done.

I bet that you girlfriend can be helped.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
are you there