Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I began my cycle in October. It lasted all of Oct. During my

Customer Question

I began my cycle in October. It lasted all of Oct. During my cycle and after I noticed discharge. More discharge than normal. Here recently my vagina has been extremely sensitive to touch and even felt a bit swollen. I described it as feeling like Diaper rash. I looked the other day and I have red bumps on the lips of my vagina. Like seven bumps on each side. Idk the cause. . I'm worried. Can you help?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: Only a month. I noticed the bumps the other day. Touch makes them sting or burn. Urine hurt the bumps as well. Diaper rash cream and cocount oil seems to sooth temporarily. But nothing had changed. I was using scented tampons and feminine deodorant spray. As well as hot baths which I discovered isn't gois for your balance within your vagina.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had trich twice during the summer. But it's been cured and I haven't had any other symptoms similar to it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Presence of discharge, vaginal bumps and swelling are likely due to the vaginal yeast infection. Yeast infection can cause sensitivity and burning as well. OTC anti fungal Clotrimazole 2% vaginal cream can be tried daily for 5 days. In more resistant cases, oral fluconazole is favored. Bacterial infection is also possible, but unlikely.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/