Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My monocytes count is 18.1% is it high enought for concern,

Customer Question

my monocytes count is 18.1% is it high enought for concern
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? Are you taking any medications the doctor should know about?
Customer: i went in for a pre phyical for surgery got some blood test done and my dr said everythihg looks good never said a word about it only seen it when when i got all the test printout in the mail
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: not time sensitive all my monocytes test have been a little high for many years just getting a little higher each time i am just haveing a minor hernia operation
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: no i was just wondering if 18.1% reading on monocytes is to high thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

what is your total WBC count?

monocyte percent of 18 is not worrisome.

there are many different types of white blood cells: neutrophils, macrophages, monocytes, lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils, etc.

your bone marrows makes each as needed to help your immune system keep you healthy.