Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Is it safe to take Azithromician, Advair 100/50 and

Customer Question

Is it safe to take Azithromician , Advair 100/50 and prednisone for asthma and broncitus?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes the Dr prescribed it prednisone a taper dose xanex for anxiety and tramadol three times a day for RA and now asthma and broncitus been on Advair 100/50 and now they want me to take the prednisone and azithromycin
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I was diagnosed with acute broncitus a month ago then my asthma started acting up. Ended up in the hospital with Ra asthma exacerbations was prescribed the advair and prednisone no antibiotics because x-rays was clear now prednisone again along with the azithromician
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Sleep apnea but they know
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Medication interactions” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

You can combine Azithromycin, Advair 100/50 and Prednisone together

There are no major or serious drug interactions when you combine these three drugs

These type of drug combinations are used in clinical practice and experience shows these 3 meds can be combined together

Once again I reassure you using the above mentioned three meds is not expected to cause any serious or major drug interactions, and this combination is being used in clinical practice. And since steroid can irritate the stomach you may use some kind of gastric protectors like Famotidine or Omeprazole etc, but these 3 drugs can be used together.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss your health situation further. And please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services. Best regards,Customer/p>