Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

What is chronic appendicitis? I did a couple of years ago

Customer Question

What is chronic appendicitis?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I did a couple of years ago and he said I had a chronic appendicitis. Hurting in right side now.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started this morning.....9:30 EST. Nothing is making it worse or better.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a host of medical problems: Type 1 Diabetes (38 years) Gastroparesis (severe), Chronic Kidney Disease....just diagnosed in past few months, Collagenous Colitis, Hypothyroidism, a whole lot more diagnoses - Pain this a.m. is different than the pain I usually have in my stomach and colon. I do not have a PCP at this time. Hard to find here. Just took Promethazine as I am so nauseated.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have pain in lower abdomen of right side?

What is the severity of pain on scale of 1-10?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the being online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in lower right side of abdomen along with severe nausea is most likely due to appendicitis. The pain & nausea may get worse if not treated immediately.

Other less probable cause are:kidney stones, diverticulitis of the colon,inguinal hernias.

Most likely & most probably this is due to appendicitis.

You need an ultrasound and other tests to confirm the exact cause of this.

You may require shots & antibiotics to treat this.So I advise you to go to ER to have the ultrasound scan & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

How is your pain now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh