Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I would like to have question I got my tonsils out a year

Customer Question

Hi I would like to have question I got my tonsils out a year and half ago and now I been having painful inside my throat and I went to the doctor already my ENT doctor already give me antibiotics but it' doesn't help me at all anymore and I been feeling this pain since a month ago now so I wanna find out what happen my doctor want me to wait 2 more weeks to do X-ray neck scan and see what's inside but I can't wait no more I'm too painful should I go to emergency
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: R u a doctor I just find this app to ask question hopefully u guys can help me if not I'll go to emergency
JA: No. I'm the doctor's Assistant.
Customer: I been having painful for a month now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He don't even know anything Where is the doctor at
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Severe Pain in the throat” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you had your tonsils out about a year and half ago and recently experiencing very severe pain in the throat

I also see no proper investigations have been done to find out the cause for this pain

You are having very severe pain and also it does not look like you are going to have any investigations soon to find out the cause so under these circumstances it is indeed prudent to visit the ER (Emergency room)

If you visit the ER you can receive a thorough clinical examination of the throat, they can also order some relevant investigation of the throat, for example a CAT scan or MRI scan of the throat (neck too can be included) which will give far more details about the health condition of the throat compared to simple routine X ray, and once the precise cause for the pain is identified it should be treated appropriately. In the meantime in the ER you can also receive strong pain medications which can help you in relieving this very severe pain you are tortured with- so looking from all these various angles visiting the ER is the most prudent decision now so that you will receive a definitive diagnosis as well as appropriate treatments including proper pain management too.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this health situation further. And please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services. Best regards,Customer/p>