Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Hopefully you might help me diagnose what is going on with

Customer Question

Hopefully you might help me diagnose what is going on with me. I am 66 years old, in good health for the most part. I don't take any medications except vitamins. I have recently lost my job and am going through some stress from not having a direction or plan for each day. It is hard to explain the feeling I have right now but I have been experiencing tingling in my arms and get goose bumps almost chills. I have no energy to pursue things in my home and find myself not wanting to go out or if I do I don't stay away for long and come back home. I'm not sure if this is depression or what.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: The tingly feeling has been going on for about a week on and off. I had been diagnosed once awhile ago with anemia and had the same sort of symptoms I have spoken to my husband and a friend about the other things. One of my problems is that I don't have a regular doctor again. I had to leave the doctor that I had been seeing because since going on Medicare my health plan doesn't c over him. The next one I got ended up going into a group which also isn't covered by it. I have now been assigned a third doctor (whom I don't know and haven't been to yet) all adding to the stress thing.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been very lucky to have been relatively healthy all my life. I walk 2 miles each morning and not much in the way of illness.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you could be having abnormal thyroid hormone levels or low iron or low B12 levels.

you could be having depression as well which can cause body symptoms as well.

have you been treated for depression before?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I am normally a very upbeat and active person
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't wish to make a phone call so please tell me that this is not a scam and that I have just wasted my time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

this is not a scam.

I am a real doctor here to answer your questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

but your symptoms don't point to one specific diagnosis.

so without further blood testing and examination we can't give you a diagnosis over the internet.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

do you drink alcohol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rarely, and only a glass of wine when I do. I don't think this chat is going to get me any answers and I think I will be making an appointment with a doctor here. I know that I need to get some medical help so thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome.