Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My husband is having severe pain in the lower left

Customer Question

My husband is having severe pain in the lower left quadrant..I don't knpw what it could be....please help
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: For about 2 hours
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has controlled (Medically) Epilepsy, has had his gall bladder removed & is trying to quit smoking with a 21 mg patch. He's 64 y,o,
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Does he had any episode of vomiting or nausea?

Any change in bowel movement like diarrhea?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No vomiting or diarrhea & he just woke up with about 2 hors ago.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described about your husband of having severe pain in the lower left quadrant since last 2 hours can be due to various causes like:diverticulitis, colonic infection or inflammation of the colon,mal absorption syndrome,(MAS),irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).Certain medications can also cause this.

He need following tests:

-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,

-Colonoscopy,
-Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Stool examination & culture,
-Urinalysis

Exact underlying cause can be determined by these tests.

For pain relief,give him tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms of pain persists,then you need to take him to ER/hospital as prescription oral medications/shots will then be required accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your husband's pain now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh