Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How do I remain erect after 1st ejaculation, yes, I take

Customer Question

How do I remain erect after 1st ejaculation
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, I take caverject as of a month or so ago. Also he put me on testosterone because of low, in blood tests. testosterone was begun almost 2 yrs ago.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Caverjedd works , but still I go limp after 1st ejaculation
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Always have had quick ejaculations
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is normal to lose erection after ejaculation. Some young men can achieve another erection quickly, but this usually passes as the man ages.

However, if you are having difficulty with ejaculations that is happening quickly (called premature ejaculations), then there are treatments that can be done for this. The first-line treatment is an specific class of antidepressant, the SSRIs. One of the side effects that was discovered when these drugs were first used for depression is delaying ejaculation. So, the drugs were then tried for premature ejaculation, even in men that are not depressed, and they are frequently effective.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What can I do about the recovery time being so long I mean it's like a half an hour 45 minutes before I'm ready to go again and by that time my partner is like not ready