Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have pain under my left rib cage going up to my chest. I

Customer Question

I have pain under my left rib cage going up to my chest. I was diagnosed along time ago with acid reflux. Been taking magnesium and digestive enzymes to help. Was told I was sensitive to gluten so have been gluten free for 3 weeks. I had my gallbladder remove 1/16 and have had trouble ever since. After surgery got bronchitis and was give prednizone. Had body tremors was taken off cold turkey. Adrenal glands were messed up along with cortisol levels. Have been struggling to get back to normal. I am 64 years old and take no prescription drugs. I just want to get back to feeling good.
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath? The doctor's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: Have been dealing with this since 1/16. I was always told my issue was acid reflux.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what blood tests have you had if any?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No blood test.

Thank you

stress test?

what is your main question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Stress test shows no issue. I run 2 miles 5 days a week and lift weights. Have been active all my life.

I would recommend blood work to start

you need extensive work though

blood counts, kidney panel, liver and thyroid

vitamin D and B12 too

does that help?