Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have pain on left side down in the back from yesterday,

Customer Question

I have pain on left side down in the back from yesterday, today in the morning I have diarrhea and consistent pain I took Advil about an hour ago it helps but I am still concerned
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I just did blood test and some of my results out of range
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am a female 38 years old, from my last results in have increased risk to AC1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ALT 37H
Cholesterol 217
Hemoglobin.
5//7%%H

Thank you for that additional information.

One of the things I worry about with symptoms like yours is a kidney problem/infection.

Of course, it could just be a bad case of the flu....but the pain sounds more severe than that.

So. What to do?

1. Drink a lot of fluids to replace what you are loosing from the diarrhea.

2. If the pain is not any better by the morning, a visit to your doctor for a good exam and possibly some lab tests, would be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

I wish I could nail it down better for you but pain/diarrhea can be cause by many many things.

Make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much I will go to a doctor tomorrow anyway

sounds like a good plan.

I hope you feel better soon.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS