khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I suffer from lower back chronic pain and I want to get off

Customer Question

Hi My name is***** suffer from lower back chronic pain and I want to get off the opiate pain medication and switch to a more natural pain reliever that doesn't interfere with my bodily function's like severe constipation and bloating do you think med mariwanna would help
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: too many to list like 3 blood pressure pills cloazapam Topamax carbamenzapine peraphenazine trazadone lamotrigine gabapentin 800mg 2-800mgbt 400mgAm 400lunch time 15 mg oxycotin morn and night
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a stroke when I was 48 made my Bipolar worse and blood pressure haywire and I have severe back problems, degenitive disc desease, herniation ostioperiosis facet decease narrowing of the cannal and arthytist
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have PAD anxiety. Racing thoughts and ADD

There is really no evidence that marijuana works for chronic pain

is this what you are asking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to quit I. Am not interested anymore
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

The use of cannabis and cannabinoids for chronic pain is controversial. Two systematic reviews and one meta-analysis evaluating randomized trials of cannabis and cannabinoids have found some evidence of efficacy for chronic pain. However, both reviews and the meta-analysis included trials in multiple different patient populations. The included trials in the systematic reviews also used various formulations of cannabis and cannabinoids. One review found 28 randomized trials in patients with chronic pain from various etiologies, including six trials in patients with chronic pain and six in patients with neuropathic pain. The review found that several of the trials had positive results suggesting that cannabis or cannabinoids may be efficacious for these conditions. The second review evaluated 79 trials, including 28 trials in patients with chronic pain. Most of the included trials evaluated patients with neuropathic pain (12 trials). This review concluded that there was moderate-quality evidence to support the use of cannabinoids for the treatment of chronic pain.

Spinal cord stimulation — Spinal cord stimulation (SCS), a spinal neuromodulation analgesic system, is an option for chronic neuropathic pain which can arise after nerve or nervous system injury. SCS is a minimally invasive and reversible treatment option which can be permanently implanted after an appropriately conducted temporary screening trial with an external pulse generator to assess therapeutic efficacy and adverse effects.

The European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) found spinal cord stimulation to be efficacious in failed back surgery syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome type 1.