khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I just failed a urine drug test. I don't smoke marijuana. I

Customer Question

I just failed a urine drug test. I don't smoke marijuana. I take Percocet 5 325 gabapentin zofran and valium preload goodie powders and exceeding for headaches
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: I had major brain surgery a year ago a d I get to hurting sometimes and I take goodie powders or exceeding. Now I take gabapentin and Percocet for arthritis and fibromyalgia. Nausea medicine is because i get sick from tKing meds.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No mama. Dr said that I had something in my system for pain but without Tylenol in it. I take nothing else.but my husband d failed his drug test bad I work 12 til 830 and he's on disability so I can't help what he does
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

second hand exposure to marijuana?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sir I do have that problem

Okay then that is why you tested positive

how can I help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing can be done my doctor doesn't believe it.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

In adolescents and adults, it is difficult to achieve sufficient concentrations from secondhand smoke from typical cannabis cigarettes to detect metabolite concentrations above most urine drug screen limits. However, studies using products with higher THC content (typical of what is more commonly used since 2005) have not been performed. Also, the potential for second-hand cannabis exposure to cause a positive screen in children has not been studied.

It could be possible.