Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Is it ok to have a vitamin k supliment when I am on PRADAXA

Customer Question

is it ok to have a vitamin k supliment when I am on PRADAXA 110 mg
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: any thing to do with nickel
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a pacemaker and have asthma and emsyema
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question. To simply answer your question, YES it is perfectly safe to use vitamin K supplements while you are using pradaxa. The reason being that pradaxa contains dabigatran which is NOT a vitamin-K antagonist like warfarin. It actually acts in a different manner to thin your blood by directly inhibiting thrombin. So you can use vitamin K supplements while using pradaxa and you dont need to worry about it interfering with pradaxa at all.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional information you require, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!