Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My penis is extremely sensitive, does not hurt just tinkly,

Customer Question

My penis is extremely sensitive, does not hurt just tinkly, also feel tingly sensations throughout my scrotum,. Went to the Dr. Last week and show no signs of a uti, However it is some what painful or uncomfortable to urinate. The urethra is uncomfortable most of the night or when I urinate. Doctor says I have an enlarged Prostate, it is like I have forgotten how to urinate, it takes up to 10 minutes sometimes to get flow going, when it does start it is ache. Just looking for answers on why the other things are happening. Worried it may be something more severe
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes, other than the Doctor last week. I should also say it is not a std, been with my wife for 30 years, and we are both faithful to each other.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My father is 78 and he also has an enlarged prostate, I don't smoke, chew, may have a beer once every two months or so.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

did your doctor give you medications to help you shrink your enlarged prostate gland?

there are medications like flomax, hytrin, rapaflo which can help urine to flow out better

there are medications like proscar, avadart, cialis which can help shrink the prostate slowly over time.