Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I HAVE ITCHING ON MY STOMACH JUST ABOVE THE PUBIC HAIR, HAVE

Customer Question

I HAVE ITCHING ON MY STOMACH JUST ABOVE THE PUBIC HAIR
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: HAVE HAD IT FOR SOMETIME MAYBE 6 MONTHS SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE NO OTHER SYMPTONS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETIES AND I AM A 69 YEARS OLD MALE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Can you see any rash there along with this itching?

Any raised pimples there?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No other symptons
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having itching on lower abdomen just above the pubic hair since last 6 months can be due to fungal infection.Typically the area becomes itchy and irritable,

As you have type 2 diabetes ,so you are much more prone to infections such as fungal infection.

Other less probable causes can be pubic hair lice,urticaria,allergy.

Apply ointment containing clotrimazole.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the itching area.Also you need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications as described will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.Have you applied clotrimazole?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh