Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have this urge that i have to urinate (was thinking like

Customer Question

I have this urge that i have to urinate (was thinking like as if i have a urinary track infection) but the last few times i did urinate...i urinated blood & wiped blood (not a lot & light in color) I am 61 years old...& just this morning started a cleanse...( 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar with, 1 tablespoon raw honey in 8z glass of warm water)...don't know if that has anything do with this?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My health has been fine. Tomorrow I am going to make an appt with my gynecologist. About 12 years ago my husband was urinating a stream of blood...a lot of blood...turns out he had bladder cancer....he had several surgeries & for the past 5 years cancer free. Is it common for women to get bladder cancer & is it the same symptoms?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Have you been a smoker ? Bladder cancer is higher risk in smokers ..

PAINLESS bleeding with urination is more typical presentation of bladder cancer

There are several possible causes to your symptoms and statitically bladder cancer would not be the top prospect

Kidney stones / bladder stones are possible

A urinary tract infection may cause the wall of the bladder to have erosion and bleeding at times ( hemorrhagic cystitis )

Bleeding disoders can be a possible cause to blood in urine ( low platelets or coagulation disorders )

I don't think the vinegar is cause but I would hold off on this as it would tend to make urine more acidic and may aggravate symptoms

I agree with your plan to follow up with your gynecologist tomorrow

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD