Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am in a state of extreme trauma as well as PSTD as clearly

Customer Question

I am in a state of extreme trauma as well as PSTD as clearly diagnosed by my psychiatrist. Due to my condition I have been taking valium at an accelerated rate beginning with 15 5 mg tablets over 30 days to 90 10 mg tablets every 30 days. The valium has become ineffective and I have stopped taking them all together so I don't become addicted to a drug that is no longer effective. My question is, Am I eligible for a prescription for marinol for both my trauma and my drastic weight loss? I was medical marijuana legal in California before I moved to Florida a year ago and found it to be far more effective than valium not to mention non-addictive. If so, who can prescribe it for me. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and she told me that she is not endorsed to prescribe it although I keep receiving conflicting reports. Can you help me answer this question for me? Best regards. Kevin
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take adorol for ADHD and I occasionally take low doses of trazadone for sleep. I do not drink alcohol or take any other drugs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am not allergic to any drugs.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have any other health issues?

just click send to reply