DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

5 weeks apart I have had severe headache, above the mouth to

Customer Question

5 weeks apart I have had severe headache, above the mouth to the top of the head. Severe vomiting. Can't consume anything for roughly 10 hours. Sleeping all day. On 50 mg of levothyroxine. Hashimotos. Is this related?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: I had the same symptom five weeks apart. I didn't feel nauseous.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I take vitamins. Biotin, B12, D3. I am 51 and going through menopause
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How has been your blood pressure recently ?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was checked about 3 weeks ago. 120/80

Headache can be a symptom of hypothyroidism but if you have your thyroid levels within range and the blood pressure is normal other causes should be looked for.

These include lack of sleep,anxiety or Add to dictionary medical problems and also possibility of migraine or cluster headache. You need an evaluation by your doctor to figure out what exactly is giving you headache. A low hemoglobin or anemia is another cause of headache in patients having hypothyroidism so it is possible that the headache is linked with hypothyroidism but as I said an evaluation is required.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you there ?

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards