DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I woke up this am with pain the base of my head going

Customer Question

Hi . I woke up this am with pain the base of my head going upwards.. I've taken Motrin, Tylenol and even imitated with no relief... I have history of migraines and hypertension. I've taken my bp and it's 178/120. Am I over reacting by worrying that's it's more than "I slept wrong"?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: Imitrex sorry
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes there is . I do take amlodipine for bp
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i was seen recently for treatment of severe migraine, but this is different
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem

Your blood pressure is quite high specially the diastolic reading. This is most likely the reason for your headache. You need to go to the ER right away as such a high blood pressure can lead to various complications. This high blood pressure needs attention right away.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you , I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to ER but seems that's the best answer

Yes definitely to avoid any complication blood pressure needs to be lowered

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

You are welcome

please leave a POSITIVE RATING

Regards

Are you there ?

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you ! I went to Er and got treatment. Feeling better

You are welcome

Please leave POSITIVE RATING

Regards