Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am taking losartan 50 mg, and escitalopram 10 mg I want to

Customer Question

I am taking losartan 50 mg, and escitalopram 10 mg I want to take induject-250 testosterone. I am 55 years good shape work out daily in Iraq.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i am taking losartan 50mg and escitalopram
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will be assisting you today.

There are no direct adverse interactions between injected testosterone and either losartan or escitalopram. So, it is generally OK to use these drugs together.

Whenever someone is considering testosterone injections, there should be consideration of the risk of heart disease or high blood pressure. If the testosterone causes heart disease or an increase in blood pressure, it can antagonize the effect of the losartan, but it does not directly interact with the losartan. The risks of heart disease or an increase in blood pressure are quite low when testosterone is used for treatment of a low level of testosterone, and can occur even in men not taking losartan, so this risk is considered whenever testosterone treatment is considered.

So, it is OK for someone taking losartan and escitalopram to take testosterone, but as with anyone prescribed testosterone, if evidence of heart disease or increase in blood pressure develops, there should be reconsideration of whether to continue the use of testosterone.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.