Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I am pre diabetic by number was 5.7 can that cause me to

Customer Question

I am pre diabetic by number was 5.7 can that cause me to feel like I could pass out. my doctor told me if I don't lose weight he is going to put me on a diabetic pill is that normal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Hi Linda. If you are feeling lightheaded or dizzy this would not be from pre-diabetes. An A1c of 5.7 is pretty good and means you are on the borderline of pre-diabetes. In many cases, this improves with weight loss because we process sugar more efficiently at lower weights. I'm sure your doctor is trying to encourage you to lose weight both to improve your number but also delay the need for medication.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could it be from my pressure being high my pressure was 162 over 92 yesterday my body woke me up I almost passed out but then my body restabalized me. I have been under a lot of pressure lately.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

High blood pressure, or low pressure, could cause you to feel like you might pass out. Stress may also play a role. If this is a new symptom, you should return to your family doctor and let him know. Sometimes problems with the circulation to the heart or brain can lead to passing out. It would be best for him to evaluate you for this just to be sure.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions about any of this. I would be happy to help further.

If not, please don't forget to provide a positive rating, as this is the only way I get credit for taking time out of my day to help you.

Thanks,

Doctor-Bob