Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My wife has a mass the size of a baseball in her abdomen

Customer Question

my wife has a mass the size of a baseball in her abdomen resting on her pancreas and seems to near her aorta. the CT scan suggests a stromal/
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: mesenchymal tumor such as sarcoma, GIST or desmoid tumor they are doing a biopsy tuesday. We were told it should be removed, who is you best surgeon to do this for a 64 year old very healthy female.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: slight high blood pressure, had gallbladder removed 10 yrs. ago and at that time had a bile duct opened more
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com chat dialog.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener.

I have read your post and observations.

Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified?

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Your question seems to be asking for a specific surgeon. That is not really the function of the website. We are clinicians from all over the world and cannot provide you with specific recommendations for surgeons in your area. The website is intended to offer general advice, information, and guidance.

May I help with any of those?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what doctor at the Mayo clinic in Jackson ville has the most experience in this kind of operation?

I know many of the surgeons at Mayo clinic. They are all exquisitely competent to perform this surgery for your wife. They are some of the best in the world.

All are board certified, with more than 9 years of medical training before they start operating regularly on their own.

The physician who would be operating on your wife will most likely have 20 years more experience, of daily operations, on 1000s of other patients.

You are lucky to be seeing clinicians at such an internationally prestigious hospital.