Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband has had ringing in his ears for a couple of

Customer Question

My husband has had ringing in his ears for a couple of weeks. We have seen ENT, but no sinus infection. They did check for bacterial infection and both a CT and MRI, but no issues. What else might lead to continued ringing in ears?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: No breathing issues. Ringing started a few weeks back. He also has distorted taste and smell, and is extremely depressed. As well as, no interest in his normal activities.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had back surgery in February, but that has healed and all is good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com chat dialog.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener.

I have read your post and concerns and observations.

Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Ringing in the ears is called "tinnitus." It is common to have for a variety of non-infectious reasons.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Here is a lengthy article intended to help educate you on the causes (and treatments) available:

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Was I able to address your question to your satisfaction? Can I answer any other questions for you today?