Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a complicated situation regarding what I believe to

Customer Question

I have a complicated situation regarding what I believe to be a missed diagnosis on an std that happened in July 2016
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, and they glossed over what I strongly believe to be an std.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: outside of the details surrounding symptoms and lack of diagnosis, no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

can you tell me more about what happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure. I got symptoms of burning in urination, redness at tip of penis, inflammed testicle and tender to the touch. Went for std check and they said because there was no obvious discharge or sores, I didn't need one. I was then prescribed doxycycline for unspecific infection of urethra by another doctor at my provider, for 2 weeks but I knew that I had taken it incorrectly: several times concurrently with omeprazole (prilosec) so knew that it wasn't being absorbed, and skipped a couple of doses. The infection needled to say, continued with symptoms past the use of the antibiotic. Then maybe 2 weeks later slowly subsided.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see.

so now you want to know what infection or STD you had before which was never tested for and was treated with doxycycline which you incorrectly took.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well, I actually would like to get tested again, believing that it presents as chlamydia or gonnorhea, but wonder if testing will produce results for these types of disease at this stage..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I doubt you had chlamydia or gonorrhea before or not. you can get testing now, I bet it will be negative because I don't think you had it before.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just wondering why you think that it is not either of these, or in the alternative, some STD. Symptoms seem dead-on for them in my internet research.and if not, then what do you think it might've been? any ideas?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you saw doctors or nurses initially who saw your penis and reviewed your symptoms and they didn't think you needed treatment.

your symptoms slowly subsided

why do you want more STD testing now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is my understanding that initial symptoms for these diseases goes away or subsides but the disease is still present. Of course I am concerned. the symptoms persisted after treatment and treatment was for something else other than stds, tho it could've worked concurrently, I'm sure. ALSO, the doc. just seemed to not want to deal with it, frankly. It was late in the day and he was a fill-in guy.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you do not have correct understanding of these STDs.

go see a doctor now and ask for testing for STD and gonorrhea and chlamydia

I bet a $10,000 that your tests will be negative for STD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well, then maybe you can enlighten me.I have had trouble with my provider before. I have been checking this stuff out because I have other issues now and the current doc. says I need std testing.so i guess if you distill it down, my objective is to find out if testing after initial symptoms are gone would produce results if these types of stds are indeed there.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

testing for STD are only positive if you have an active infection.

you can have antibody tests to see if you have ever had gonorrhea or chlamydia ever before in your life. that is blood antibody tests which can be done.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com