Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have constant pain between my jaw bone and behind my ear.

Customer Question

i have constant pain between my jaw bone and behind my ear. I had a cold/ virus where I was stopped up and throat, VERY swollen. last week., so still taking amoxcillin. but I'm taking like 6-8 advil a day just to deal with the pain. it's a shooting pain but it doesn't spread; stays localized behind my lower ear; not inside. Hurts to swallow on the left side when pain is happening as well
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I had fever last week w the virus but only low grade for a couple of days. I felt much better, no congestion or stopped up nose, just this lingering pain. I typically have a HIGH tolerance for virus/bugs, etc... as I have been teaching and around kids for 28 years. This is just so weird
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have seasonal allergies, I take flonase for those. I seem to be ok, other than this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 months ago.

It is highly likely that because of infection you have built up fluid in middle ear cavity that is giving you such issues .

It would be ideal for you to once visit ENT dr to have examination of ear for appropriate treatment please .

You may need some powerful ant-inflammatory pills , but prior to that , examination is important .

Please proceed as I advised you .

Good luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”