Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am on atenolol, and amlodipine in the morning, but when I

Customer Question

I am on atenolol
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: and amlodipine in the morning, but when I get up in the morning my blood pressure this morning was 137/92. The doctor told me to take a second amlodopine before bed if my pressure was over 160, but made more mention of the bottom no. I am concerned that I may have a stroke. The doctor told me I was an annomily, because my heart and lungs were where they shld be.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: my Dad died of a coronary occlusion at age 46. My mom lived to be 94 and died due to a brain bleed due to a fall. I have lost 35 -40 pounds in the las 7 months. Til recently my pressure was averaging about 116-122 over 50 -60. Just on attenalol.til arthritis. hit me hard, I was working out 3days a week doing cardio and weight training with a trainer. I am 75 yrs 6 mos old. I feel fine except for the arthritis pain which is pretty constant.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that I can think of. I have trouble staying asleep uninterrupted because the arthritis pain wakes me up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know , dose of Atenolol and Amlodipine which you are taking ?

Regards.