Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

We are pregnant about 19 weeks. My wife has been diagnosed

Customer Question

We are pregnant about 19 weeks. My wife has been diagnosed with the ovarian cyst which is clear and benign at about 10 cm. The doctor has recommended laproscopic surgery, we are worried about the baby and doing surgery. What do you suggest? The baby is in good health and growing strongly.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: i guess so we get the access to the portal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have had the ovarian cyst removed back in 2011. But i wasnt pregnant then.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 month ago.

I am sure that laparoscopic surgery is very safe. If her treating doctor is recommending surgery with a cyst of 10 cm, I would consider going ahead with it. I would not worry whatsoever.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have had done leproscopic surgery back in 2011 but we were not pregnant than. It was done fine. What measures should the doctors take during the surgery for avoiding any risks to the baby boy as this is really stressful and we are really worried about the baby
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 month ago.

Well the surgeons are usually very experienced in doing such surgeries so I am sure they will know of all the measures to avoid any mishap. It is really being careful and monitoring the baby before the surgery that is important. I am sure they must have taken everything into consideration.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards