Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have an appointment with an examinertia from social

Customer Question

I have an appointment with an examinertia from social security .what will they do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

At your age, this is usually for a disability determination.

Have you applied for disability for a medical condition?

If so, the evaluation would vary according to the condition to be evaluated.

What problem do you have?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

If they are doing this examination for disability determination, what they will do depends upon the condition that is present. Certainly, a physical examination that is pertinent to the condition will be performed. They would typically have already received and reviewed copies of the medical records from your regular doctor, but they also want to have an examination by another doctor that is not already involved in the care of the patient.

However, they will also perform additional tests that are pertinent to the diagnosis. For example, someone with a chronic lung problem will typically have a spirometry done. The only way to predict which additional tests may be done would be knowledge of the condition that is being evaluated.

If you can provide the requested information, then I can comment further upon what else they may do.