Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Is CADISTA, MethyIPREDNISolone (tablets) good for PAIN in

Customer Question

Is CADISTA, MethyIPREDNISolone (tablets) good for PAIN in the shoulders & arms ?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I'm 77 & healthy except for Ostiorosis & Arthritis. But I fell off a ladder Spring of 2015 on my right side & again in the Fall (went over backwards pulling weeds standing on the ground & landed on my elbow which jammed it into my shoulder. ALL seemed to heal, but by June of 2016 It began to hurt from my wrists up to my neck. It wakes me during the night & I can't get deep sleep because it hurts & I'm VERY stiff in the A.M It also hurts to raise my arms over my head or out to the side.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you underwent any tests like X-rays or blood tests?

Any other known medical illness?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Yes,you can take Methylprednisolone tablets to get relief from pain in your shoulders & arms. It is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.

It belongs to a class of drugs called glucocorticoids.It works by decreasing inflammation and changing your body’s immune response.

As you have history of osteoporosis & arthritis,fell of ladder in spring of 2015 and again in the fall and in june 2016, it began to hurt from your wrists up to your neck,I advise you to have the following tests:

-Antinuclear antibody tests and Autoantibody tests
-CBC(complete blood count)
-C-reactive protein (CRP)
-Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)

-X-ray of joint

The symptoms you have described can be due to rheumatoid arthritis.It is autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the joints.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause of this pain in majority of joints & then treatment will be done accordingly.Till then yes,you can take methylprednisolone as prescribed.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any other questions?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Have you consulted your doctor for these above described tests?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh