Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had an insect bite on the arm didn't bother me 3 days

Customer Question

I had an insect bite on the arm didn't bother me 3 days later started having pain in the groin the next day I had temperature and could not walk to lift a foot was sheer agony My doctor told me I had temperature of 38.5 and diagnosed Lyme disease and was give doxycline antibiotic 4days later couldn't even move in bed for the pain started vomitting couldn't eat or drink Doctor inform me it wasn't tick bite so stopped doxycline now 10 weeks down the line I've had blood test blood protein Feritin all low they have stabled now but I'm having pain in the upper stomach area I'm having endoscopy soon but my ESR is 48 and I'm walking better pain is in groin legs and back but if I do a bit more walking pain comes back in groin I still don't know what has caused me this illness can you have an idea what might be going on with my body please
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

there are blood test to check for lyme titers in your body to see if you had lyme infection which caused your symptoms

ESR is elevated.

you may need to see an infectious disease doctor to see what sort of infection you had.

did you have blood test for lyme disease titers in your blood.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like a refund Thankyou