Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

8 month old fell on his forehead from about 12inches. He has

Customer Question

8 month old fell on his forehead from about 12inches. He has a big red lump on his head. What shoulkd I look for?
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Hard and about 1hr
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.
Well as he has bump on head so you should apply cool compresses on it .
And it is advised not to sleep for few hours or if he is sleepy then you should look after him or awake him at regular intervals.
Also you need to keep watch on any associated symptoms like vomiting,disorientation , restlessness,nose bleeding, irritability in next 24 hours.

You can give only OTC Tylenol for pain.
As such the symptoms of a head injury can occur immediately or develop slowly over several hours or days .
So, as with anyone with a head injury, closely watch for 24 hours after the incident.
If he is extra cranky, it could be because he is nauseous or dizzy and has no words to state so. then visit ER ASAP.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.