Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

About a month ago I came down with a virus. I was finally

Customer Question

Good afternoon,About a month ago I came down with a virus. I was finally starting to feel better when, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed several little red bumps on the backs of my hands and a few on my arm. They were a little itchy. The next week I saw my doctor about pain in my left elbow; I'd had an issue with this elbow for several months, as a result of overuse due to packing up my house. While there, I pointed out the red marks, which he said looked like bug bites.The next day, my right elbow started hurting. Then my knees, and ankles. Also, those red spots were bigger and more numerous. I went back to the doctor and saw the NP; she ordered blood work, and I had to go out of town the next day. Friday I got the results, which showed inflammation, low iron, and low Vitamin D. ANA and RA were negative. She ordered a CBC panel, which I completed this morning but don't have the results for yet.The pain in my joints got worse over the weekend; ibuprofen helped, but I was trying not to take too much because I also have GERD. Saturday night, the top of my right foot and around the ankle was red and warm and swollen; now both ankles are swollen, the right one moreso. Getting up and down and in and out of cars is difficult because of all the joint pain.I cut my trip short and flew home yesterday. I saw my doctor this morning, and he thinks I have psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis. I will be seeing a dermatologist, but my dad had psoriasis and this doesn't seem like it. The rash is only on my arms, backs of my hands, and a few on my neck. He wants me to take a 3-week course of prednisone.Just hoping for some advice on what this might be or what else I should be looking out for. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

As this is post viral spots , and that red spots could be the part of viral infection most likely Chicken pox infection .

Psoriasis is less likely .

Examination is mandatory .

If this is chicken pox infection this will get better soon even without any treatment .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could this be chicken pox when I've had it when I was a kid? And they're not all over, just in those few places I mentioned.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

This could be most likely chicken pox infection .

So please get examination and appropriate treatment please .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .