DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and have some of the

Customer Question

I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and have some of the summary of the procedure which includes irregular and friable ge jx-bx esophagus. The color of the thing is blue/green, whereas the others are pinkish. what does ge jx-bx mean?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have an appt. on the 2nd of December, and I am taking an antacid, which I do not have either heartburn or acid reflux.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well, they found I have a 2cm hiatal hernia? and the pictures show some erosion stomach antrum - whatever that means
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting or nausea, and I have not been "bothered" by anything, only a discomfort under the left rib. Which occurs sometimes but not all the time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

GE-JX-bx means they have taken a biopsy or tissue from the junction of esophagus with stomach or gastroesophageal junction. They have biopsied to make sure there is nothing serious growing in the area like a tumor. It will also show other problem like an H.Pyori infection and even Barret esophagus in which lower esophageal epithelium is replaced by intestinal type epithelium.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards