Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Doctor, I was used to take depakine 500, my doctor gave me

Customer Question

Hi , Doctor , I was used to take depakine 500 , my doctor gave me depakine chrono a few months ago that disturbs me more and I have more memory problems I no longer can stand depakine chrono given for humor problem ..is it possible dor me to begin replace depakine chrono by depakine at the breakfast for instance ?
Thank you for support , best
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 8 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 8 months ago.

Depakine chrono is extended release capsule , if you are not feeling well with that capsule than yes you can shift to Depakine 500 mg as you were already taking in same dose .

So logically speaking there is no difference of salt between two , only difference is that one is slow releasing.

You can replace it .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”