Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I HAVE BEEN SICK NOW FOR 3 MONTHS. I HAVE SEVERE UPPER

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN SICK NOW FOR 3 MONTHS. I HAVE SEVERE UPPER ABDOMAN PAIN. I HAVE HAD AN ENDOSCOPE AND THEY FOUND GASTRITIS. NONE OF THE MEDS ARE WORKING. I NOW AM LOSING WEIGHT CAN'T EAT OR DRINK. ONLY DRINK SO I DON'T GET DEHYDRATED. WHEN I START TO DIGEST I GET PAIN. DIREHEA IS EXTREME NOW. THE NEWEST PROBLEM IS I CAN'T SLEEP. I FALL ASLEEP FOR 1-3 HOURS THEN UP THE REST OF THE NIGHT. FEEL BETTER WHEN I WALK. IF I SIT DOWN OR LAY DOWN IT HURTS. I SOMETIMES HAVE SOME BACK AND SHOULDER PAIN. I AM VERY SCARED.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Which medicines and dose are you taking for the gastritis?

Have you had any further evaluation beyond the endoscopy that showed the gastritis?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

There are many possible causes of upper abdominal pain. However, the most important first issue is that you are checked for H. Pylori and treated if positive. An H. pylori infection is the most common reason fro a gastritis that does not respond to usual medicines.

If you can provide the other information I requested, we can discuss other possibilities. But I wanted to be certain that this information was relayed.