Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My wife had a PEG tube placed on or near October 4th. At

Customer Question

My wife had a PEG tube placed on or near October 4th. At first, she had the usual discomfort. Healing is good, no indication of infection. She has this one problem which she describes as if someone was pulling back on a large syringe and all of a sudden lets go and there is a popping and pain. Was occasional at first, but now it occurs more often and such that she cannot sleep at night. Also she has more nausea upon feeding through the tube, even with half the usual dosage. She has Stage 4 gastroesophageal cancer there is tumor in her stomach. But cannot tell if the pain is due to the tube or the cancer.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: she is having a chemo plug placed for chemoterapy on Monday.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

PEG Tube blockage could be the reason of such feelings , so it would be ideal to once check tube for any blockage .

Second electrolytes should be monitored as electrolyte imbalance can cause nausea , lethargy .

Regards.

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have more quires ?

Regards .