Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Iadilaudidwhat is dilaudidand what is it used for, this is a

Customer Question

iadilaudidwhat is dilaudidand what is it used for
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: this is a med.my dr gave me i cannt remender what it is used for
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: what is heart angina
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: yes to family history i guess im ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Pain medications, and Angina pain” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

To your first question, “what is dilaudid and what is it used for?”

Dilaudid is the brand name for medication Hydromorphone

This medication is an example for narcotic pain killer, it is also called as opioid pain killer

This is used to control moderate to severe pain due to various reasons.

To your other question “what is heart angina?”this is sudden onset of chest pain due to sudden compromise in the blood flow to the heart. This usually happens due to narrowing of the arteries supplying the heart and the sudden reduced blood flow causes reduced availability of oxygen and other nutrients to the heart and this causes chest pain (and sometimes other symptoms too like sweating, lightheadedness etc along with chest pain).

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, Please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services. Best regards!Customer/p>